Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] VIDIOCSYNC ioctl blocks indefinitely

First off, thanks to everyone who has worked on this driver.  I find it very useful.

Lately, I have been having difficulty with the gspcav1 driver (20070110) with fedora core 6 kernel version 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6 with at Creative Webcam Live! (ID 041e:4036).

I've been using motion 3.2.7 with the driver and the application runs successfully sometimes for several minutes and sometimes for several hours, but it always ends up eventually blocking indefinitely on a VIDIOCSYNC ioctl.  This is always associated with the following entries in the system log:

gspca_core.c: [spca50x_isoc_irq:1084] Non-zero status (-63) in isoc completion handler.
gspca_core.c: [spca50x_isoc_irq:1084] Non-zero status (-18) in isoc completion handler.

At this point, the only way to recover seems to be to kill -9 and restart the application.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has also experienced this problem or has any suggestions.

Thanks.
--
Brian