Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] GSPCA driver and serial ports

I am a university student working on a robotics project using the gspca driver to run a Creative Webcam Live!
After getting the camera working, we returned to our (previously working) servo controller code, which uses the serial ports on our board. We can no longer send information from the serial port, though everything appears correct in stty, /dev, and /proc/interrupts. My colleague says he found a post on a French website related to the camera driver where someone else had a similar problem. He said that one of the developers had posted that the driver had initially been written as a serial driver or some such, and therefore interfered with the serial port IRQs, or disabled them. I do not know if this is the case, as I can't get the ports to work with the module unloaded either. If anyone knows about the effect gspca might have on serial functionality, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Scott Moore
University of Texas at Dallas