Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Composite video in, especially on CS430

Le Mardi 27 Février 2007 07:30, Denver Gingerich a écrit :
> Is there any code in the driver designed to handle secondary video
> channels such as a composite video in on a web cam?
>
> I've got a CS430 which has the composite video in but I can't get
> anything from the composite video in using the latest GSPCA drivers.
> I've tried setting usbgrabber=1 and then using xawtv, but this
> resulted in a black xawtv window and repeated "v4l: timeout (got
> SIGALRM), hardware/driver problems?" error messages.
>
> "Video In" is mentioned in the code to handle the VIDIOCGCHAN ioctl,
> but it doesn't appear to do anything (and I haven't found a good way
> to test this).
>
> I've tried using channels 0 through 9 with spcaview, but they all give
> me the same output (the usual picture coming from the web cam part of
> the camera, not the composite in).  Upon looking through the code, it
> appears as if the "channel" variable (set when specifying the -c
> option) is completely unused.
>
> I'm interested in modifying the driver so that it will accept input
> from the composite video port on the CS430 in addition to the usual
> web cam input, but I don't want to reproduce work that others have
> already done.  If you've already tried this and have some tips or
> code, please let me know.
>
> I've got the CS430 working under Windows with the composite video in
> so it should just be a matter of figuring out which registers it
> modifies when switching to composite video mode and then reproducing
> that in the GSPCA driver.
>
> If you have any information that might help me out, I'd be happy to
> hear it.  Thanks.
>
> Denver

Denver,
IMHO the code for the CS430 composite input in Gspca seem now broken, maybe
look at the old spca50x code available on sf, from what i remenber, the CS430
users can used the videocomposite input in the past :)
regards
--
Michel Xhaard
http://mxhaard.free.fr