Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Questions about implementing PAC7311 driver

Le Samedi 3 Mars 2007 07:27, Denver Gingerich a écrit :
> I've been working on implementing support for the PAC7311 with
> significant help from Joerg Schummer's "Webcam Development Kit" on
> Thomas Kaiser's page
> (http://www.kaiser-linux.li/index.php?title=PAC7311).  It seems to be
> working to some extent (it recognizes the camera and sets the initial
> register values without
> crashing), but the URBs it's sending back are all empty
> (urb->iso_frame_desc[i].actual_length and urb->actual_length are
> always 0).
>
> I compared the URBs received by the GSPCA driver and those received by
> Joerg's development kit and here's what I've found (excuse the horrible
> tabbing):
>
>                                     GSPCA     dev kit
> transfer_flags                6             2
> transfer_buffer_length   16368     65472
> actual_length                 0             <variable>
> status                            0             0
> interval                          1             1
> number_of_packets       16           32
> error_count                    0             0
>
> The transfer_flags are URB_ISO_ASAP | URB_NO_TRANSFER_DMA_MAP (for
> GSPCA) and URB_ISO_ASAP (for the dev kit).
>
> It doesn't seem like any of the above differences should have an
> effect on whether the webcam sends packets properly (all the other
> GSPCA cameras work fine with those settings), but perhaps I'm missing
> something.  I've double-checked the initialization work I've done to
> setup the correct register values and that seems to be fine (assuming
> that the control messages aren't ordered in reverse or something
> strange like that).
>
> You can check out the work I've done so far on the PAC7311 for the
> GPSCA driver at http://ossguy.com/linux/webcam/pac7311/pac7311_v1.patch.
> It should apply cleanly to the 20070110 version of GSPCA.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Denver

Denver,
Seem the chips is not initialised like in the developpement kit from Joerg and
Thomas, that is why you get empty buffer from the Iso stream. I did not know
why, maybe double check your code in init and start
Best regards and thanks for working on it, a lot of people are waiting for :)
--
Michel Xhaard
http://mxhaard.free.fr