Web lists-archives.com

[Spca50x-devs] Composite video in, especially on CS430

Is there any code in the driver designed to handle secondary video
channels such as a composite video in on a web cam?

I've got a CS430 which has the composite video in but I can't get
anything from the composite video in using the latest GSPCA drivers.
I've tried setting usbgrabber=1 and then using xawtv, but this
resulted in a black xawtv window and repeated "v4l: timeout (got
SIGALRM), hardware/driver problems?" error messages.

"Video In" is mentioned in the code to handle the VIDIOCGCHAN ioctl,
but it doesn't appear to do anything (and I haven't found a good way
to test this).

I've tried using channels 0 through 9 with spcaview, but they all give
me the same output (the usual picture coming from the web cam part of
the camera, not the composite in).  Upon looking through the code, it
appears as if the "channel" variable (set when specifying the -c
option) is completely unused.

I'm interested in modifying the driver so that it will accept input
from the composite video port on the CS430 in addition to the usual
web cam input, but I don't want to reproduce work that others have
already done.  If you've already tried this and have some tips or
code, please let me know.

I've got the CS430 working under Windows with the composite video in
so it should just be a matter of figuring out which registers it
modifies when switching to composite video mode and then reproducing
that in the GSPCA driver.

If you have any information that might help me out, I'd be happy to
hear it.  Thanks.

Denver