Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] VIDIOCMCAPTURE buffer

Hi Dobroslav,
> The problem is this, that for latter two cameras it will never work and I am curious why? Seems to me that the capture buffer
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE is not somehow implemented into the driver the cameras use.
> think there is no backward compatibility between V4L1 and V4L2 APIs implemented. Is that true? How can I make it work?

Which gspca version you are used,
gspcav1(v4l) or gspcav2 (v4l2) ?
gspcav1 is V4L1 driver and it not use v4l1_compat layer

In gspcav1 VIDIOCMCAPTURE was implemented.

> This is what the "producer" really produces :o) :
>
> Producer failed to enode with the following message:
> Error: Could not set image size to XXxXX for color format I420 (15)
> (VIDIOCMCAPTURE: buffer 0)
> Warning: Capture Buffer is empty at -1470963638ms for last 61 times
> Warning: Capture Buffer is empty at -1470963638ms for last 61 times
> Warning: Capture Buffer is empty at -1470963638ms for last 61 times

You can load driver with parameter debug=5 or say "echo 5 > /sys/module/gspca/parameters/debug"
and get dmesg output for extended errors diagnostics

--
Regards,
Serge A. Suchkov