Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Creative Live! Cam Video Im Pro

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Anatoly Verkhovsky wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I got "Creative Live! Cam Video Im Pro" for new year's present,
> http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html lists the following:
>
> Creative 215 0x041e 0x4053 Creative Live!Cam VideoIM Vc301p GC303 Yes jpeg
> spca5xx/LE
>
> The only difference is the "Pro" right after the "Video IM".
> USB ID is 0x051E:0x4055 as noted in
> http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=3970
>
> I figured the differences between 0x4053 and 0x4055 might be small and just
> added the ID in
> two places to gspca_core.c (gspcav1-01.00.10, the package available in my
> distro).

I did them same because I have a "Vista IM" (prodid:0x4052). However, as
it was revealed, it has a different chipset:
either
* ov519 (according to http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/cameras/index.php)
or
* ov530 (from the V0260530.set file of the win. driver package; try grep
-i name).

According to the url of the 'macam' project (see above) the "Video IM Pro"
has a controller chipset of type M5603C.

So I hardly think that the spca5xx/gspca driver will good for you.

The qbik.ch database contains some devices with similar chipset, but
unfortunately their support seems to be in very poor state, AFAIS.

Good Luck!
--
sZs