Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Creative Live! Cam Vista IM

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Davide Ferrari wrote:

> 2006/12/27, SZABO Zsolt <szazs@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> I obtained such a webcam: 0x041e:0x4052 (I have registered at
>> http://www.qbik.ch/), from the win driver names I guess it has a sensor
>> of vf0260 type, but no idea about the bridge/chipset type yet. So I
>> would like to use it in my linux box. Unfortunately, I have not found
>> any support, only your project dealing with the gspca module give me
>> some hope...
>
> Hi
> I think this is the same camera I own and Michael did add support for this
> camera about one year ago...don't know if has finally gone upstream but I
> had it working on my linux box. Search for past posts on this ML and you'll
> find all the info.

Hi,

I am afraid I have another model  (I do not think it would be such "old"
type). I did found only questions about this and no solutions.

The product 0x4051 and 0x4053 is supported (one of them is the
"Creative Live! Cam Video IM" but not "* Vista IM"). Furthermore I have
downloaded the source of gspca driver module from mxhaard.free.fr and it
does not contain the product id 0x4052...

Btw. I have found this list at sourceforge.net, however, the driver that
can be downloaded from there seems a bit outdated (March 07, 2003). So I
have tried to compile only gspca1-20061216.tar.gz but this does not
recognise my webcam (which is not too surprising without the IDs of the
webcam).

So, I am still waiting more hints what should I do...

Zsolt

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amsterdam
Linux Symposium)