Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Hints and Help for a Webcam ... [Skintek Snakecam 093a:260f ]

Michel Xhaard wrote:
> Le Lundi 11 Décembre 2006 18:34, G D a écrit :
>> Hello world ;-),
>> maybe somebody can help me directly, or maybe point me to the right
>> direction ...
>>
>> I've recently bought a "Skintek Snakecam" Webcam, and being a linux fan,
>> I've
>> immediately tried to make it run under my favourite OS.
>> After connecting the camera, it claims itself as:
>>
>>  Device 004: ID 093a:260f Pixart Imaging, Inc.
>>
>> I see that this device is still not supported by spcaxx/gspca, but, being a
>> Pixart chip (from what I've understood, from the 93a id, it should probably
>> be a Pac207 ), in principle it would not be too hard to have it running
>> under
>> linux ...
>> Being a very low skill hacker, I tried to fool my kernel by simply adding a
>> new entry in  the "gspca_core.c", namely by copy+paste+change a similar
>> entry ...
>> In more detail, i "cloned" every "QtecWb100" in the "enum" entry, in
>> the "struct cam_list" ... then I added an entry in the "static
>> __devinitdata
>>
>> struct usb_device_id device_table" adding (after the Qtec) a line as
>> follows:
>>
>> {USB_DEVICE(0x093a, 0x260f)},   /* Skintek Snakecam */
>>
>> Obviously I added a proper entry also in the "case 0x93a" of the
>> spcaDetectCamera, i.e.:
>>
>>                 case 0x260f:
>>                         spca50x->desc = SkintekSnakecam;
>>                         spca50x->bridge = BRIDGE_PAC207;
>>                         spca50x->sensor = SENSOR_PAC207;
>>                         break;
>>
>> The driver compiles and installs fine, and (obviously!) recognizes the
>> camera
>> when inserted ...
>>
>> usb 1-2: new device found, idVendor=093a, idProduct=260f
>> usb 1-2: new device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
>> usb 1-2: Product: VGA Single Chip
>> usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Pixart Imaging Inc.
>>
>> and, after that, /var/log/messages continues with
>>
>> gspca_core.c: USB SPCA5XX camera found. (PAC207)
>> gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_probe:3895] Camera type GBRG
>> gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_getcapability:1167] maxw 352 maxh 288 minw 160 minh
>> 120
>> gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_open:1906] DEALLOC error on spca50x_init_source
>> gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_open:1906] DEALLOC error on spca50x_init_source
>>
>> and so on ... after that I disconnected the thing ... ;-(
>>
>> So, all my "science" and "black magic" stops here ... any help would be
>> appreciated ... I'll be very happy of testing and trying any additional
>> hint
>>
>> and patch that someone can provide ...
>> Thanks in advance, and best regards ...
>> GP aka fiamazo
>>
>> PS: additionally, I've done a couple of USB sniffs, both connecting only
>> the device and  acquiring images ... under WinXP ... I can try to post them
>> or host them somwhere, if needed ...
>> Thanks again ...
> G D,
> [...]

Hello All and Michel

Michel, you think it is a PAC7311?

Some information are found on my page:
http://www.kaiser-linux.li/index.php/Linux_and_Webcams#Typhoon_Easycam_USB_2.0_VGA_1.3M

Check the "but in progress" link:
http://www.kaiser-linux.li/index.php?title=PAC7311

And playing with the "Webcam Development Kit" maight be fun:
http://www.kaiser-linux.li/files/PAC7311/pac7311-stream.tar.gz

The "Webcam Development Kit" is able to decode the stream of the PAC7311
and write to the registers.

Unfortunately, I don't have time at the moment to integrate a basic
support into gspca :-( But I will do as soon as I have time.

Basically, it should be possible to integrate this cam into gspca with
the information found on my page and the code of the "Webcam Development
Kit".

Playing with the "Webcam Development Kit" and identify the meanings of
the registers would be great, too :-)

A lot of People are waiting for support of this chip and I am sorry that
my progress is so slow :-(

Regards, Thomas

--
http://www.kaiser-linux.li