Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Hints and Help for a Webcam ... [Skintek Snakecam 093a:260f ]

Le Lundi 11 Décembre 2006 18:34, G D a écrit :
> Hello world ;-),
> maybe somebody can help me directly, or maybe point me to the right
> direction ...
>
> I've recently bought a "Skintek Snakecam" Webcam, and being a linux fan,
> I've
> immediately tried to make it run under my favourite OS.
> After connecting the camera, it claims itself as:
>
>  Device 004: ID 093a:260f Pixart Imaging, Inc.
>
> I see that this device is still not supported by spcaxx/gspca, but, being a
> Pixart chip (from what I've understood, from the 93a id, it should probably
> be a Pac207 ), in principle it would not be too hard to have it running
> under
> linux ...
> Being a very low skill hacker, I tried to fool my kernel by simply adding a
> new entry in  the "gspca_core.c", namely by copy+paste+change a similar
> entry ...
> In more detail, i "cloned" every "QtecWb100" in the "enum" entry, in
> the "struct cam_list" ... then I added an entry in the "static
> __devinitdata
>
> struct usb_device_id device_table" adding (after the Qtec) a line as
> follows:
>
> {USB_DEVICE(0x093a, 0x260f)},   /* Skintek Snakecam */
>
> Obviously I added a proper entry also in the "case 0x93a" of the
> spcaDetectCamera, i.e.:
>
>                 case 0x260f:
>                         spca50x->desc = SkintekSnakecam;
>                         spca50x->bridge = BRIDGE_PAC207;
>                         spca50x->sensor = SENSOR_PAC207;
>                         break;
>
> The driver compiles and installs fine, and (obviously!) recognizes the
> camera
> when inserted ...
>
> usb 1-2: new device found, idVendor=093a, idProduct=260f
> usb 1-2: new device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
> usb 1-2: Product: VGA Single Chip
> usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Pixart Imaging Inc.
>
> and, after that, /var/log/messages continues with
>
> gspca_core.c: USB SPCA5XX camera found. (PAC207)
> gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_probe:3895] Camera type GBRG
> gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_getcapability:1167] maxw 352 maxh 288 minw 160 minh
> 120
> gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_open:1906] DEALLOC error on spca50x_init_source
> gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_open:1906] DEALLOC error on spca50x_init_source
>
> and so on ... after that I disconnected the thing ... ;-(
>
> So, all my "science" and "black magic" stops here ... any help would be
> appreciated ... I'll be very happy of testing and trying any additional
> hint
>
> and patch that someone can provide ...
> Thanks in advance, and best regards ...
> GP aka fiamazo
>
> PS: additionally, I've done a couple of USB sniffs, both connecting only
> the device and  acquiring images ... under WinXP ... I can try to post them
> or host them somwhere, if needed ...
> Thanks again ...
G D,
We did not know how to decode the video stream for these Pixart webcams.
There are no black magic with webcam Linux support only BTL (Brain Times
Luck) :)
regards
PS: I know Thomas K. have made some progress with the usb video stream, maybe
he can give some news.
--
Michel Xhaard
http://mxhaard.free.fr