Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Logitech Orbicam with gspcav1.01.00.09: black/green screen

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 14:02 +0100, Michel Xhaard wrote:
> Le Mercredi 6 Décembre 2006 13:34, Antony J Mee a écrit :
> > I've got an Acer (8204WMli) laptop with built in Acer (Logitech) OrbiCam.
> >
> > gspca detects the camera (bridge ) and then the sensor as PO3130NC.
> > Is this likely to be a problem with the data in Vimicro/vc032x_sensor.h?
> > Do I check that by snooping the USB in Windows?  Or is this a problem with
> > the output format/codec?  I'm willing to assist if given some idea where to
> > start!
> >
> > FYI, I jumped straight to using a regular client application... Here I
> > was using Ekiga which happily detected the V4L1 device.
> >
> > tOnY
> >

> The sensor HV7131R and OV7660 is now working :) only the Logitech Firmware
> with sensor PO3130Nc seem problematic I am investigate why.
> Stay tuned

Ah ha. I see there's no code (like register writes) in the
vc0321_(get/set)brightness routines etc.  It is just that the
camera is starting up with brightness and contrast zero?

I know in Windows this camera (like many others I've seen) seems to
start up black and then a picture appears after a moment or so.

tOnY