Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows 7 User can't change password

On 31/05/2019 19:47, Luke Barone wrote:
When I grep for the username, syslog shows no results, and auth.log shows: May 31 09:52:35 SERVERNAME passwd[27085]: pam_unix(passwd:chauthtok): password changed for USERNAME

... which is when I manually ran "passwd USERNAME" and "smbpasswd USERNAME" on the console.

Hmm, you have 'pam password change = Yes' which means it is PAM that is doing the password change, so you need to debug this, you could also try commenting that line out and see if Samba can change the password.