Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Problem joining domain [SEC=OFFICIAL]

On 30/05/2019 08:22, Thamm, Russell via samba wrote:
UNOFFICIAL
Firstly thanks for the help with my previous problem building SAMBA. The UNOFFICIAL in the subject heading is added automatically by our email system.
OFFICIAL
Stupid idea in my opinion

I'm getting the following error when trying to join a 2003 server domain.
Didn't you get the memo, 2003 is EOL ;-)

Adding CN=TITUS,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=SSUNIT050,DC=local
Adding CN=TITUS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=SSUNIT050,DC=local
Adding CN=NTDS Settings,CN=TITUS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=SSUNIT050,DC=local
DsAddEntry failed with status WERR_ACCESS_DENIED info (8363, 'WERR_DS_NO_CROSSREF_FOR_NC')

I can't find out what WERR_DS_NO_CROSSREF_FOR_NC means.
The cross-reference for the specified naming context could not be found

I have previously joined this domain with an older version of Samba. That SAMBA box is now dead and I have removed it from AD.
I think that I have done this correctly.

What version worked ?

How did you remove it ?

What version are you using now ?

What OS ?

This domain is standalone (air-gapped). I currently have no way to get info off TITUS, so the above output from samba-tool was hand copied - might have typos.

I think you might have to find a way in, you might have to do a lot of typing otherwise.