Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba-tool group removemembers, not working

On 30/05/2019 05:43, Mark Foley via samba wrote:
Hi Mark, can I ask just what you are trying to achieve ?
Well, it's rather simple. I want to remove a domain member from the domain. Normally, I do that
with ADUC, no problem. But for some reason I was having trouble with ADUC (since resovled,
magically), so I thought I'd try the same thing using samba-tool. That's it really.
If you are referring to a Windows computer, then you should log into it and leave the domain in the normal Windows way. A Unix domain member is similar, you just run 'net ads leave -U Administrator' in a terminal

You wrote further:

I hope you can see that trying to remove a computer from Domain Computers will not work because
the 'backlinks' do not exist.
Fine, I can live with that. But then how do you actually remove a member computer from the
domain? Is ADUC the only way to do it?

if, after the computer leaves the domain, the computers object is still in AD and you wish to remove it, you can do this with 'samba-tool computer remove'