Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba-tool group removemembers, not working

On 28/05/2019 20:43, Mark Foley via samba wrote:
I hate to be a complete moron on this, but I'm apparently not setting YOURDCNAME_HERE
correctly. I get the errors:

Failed to bind - LDAP client internal error: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
Failed to connect to 'ldap://mail' with backend 'ldap': LDAP client internal error: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
Failed to connect to ldap://mail - LDAP client internal error: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

plus lots more. In addition to 'mail' I've tried 'mail.hprs.local' and 'hprs.local'. None of
those guesses work. Suggestion?

--Mark

Hi Mark, 'ldap://mail' should work, it is just that Louis missed a step ;-)

Run (as root): kinit Administrator

Then run the command (again as root)