Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Please help with Samba AD DC after restore from backup

On 26/05/2019 19:23, Viktor Trojanovic wrote:
Frankly, I don't understand this. Where else does Samba keep its files, except for /etc/samba and /var/lib/samba?
There are other Samba files, but these are binaries, caches etc, for a full list of directories, run 'samba -b'

It's like opening Pandora's box every time I do more than just an incremental version update in Samba :)

To be honest, I find the best way to backup Samba is not to backup Samba ;-)

Just run normal updates and distro upgrades, have multiple DC's (even if you don't think you need more than one) and if you need to do something that needs more than this, join a new DC and then demote the old one.

In my opinion, a backup is the last option ;-)