Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] change password after first login in samba4.10

On 25/05/2019 08:58, sam zand wrote:
Sorry, Rowland.
yes I install samba AD 4.10.3
client to connect the samba is Windows
command for creating the user in samba: samba-tool user create

Allow me to introduce you to the help that comes with samba-tool ;-)

If you run 'samba-tool user create --help' it will show you just what options you can add to the command, I will not post all the output here, it is fairly extensive. Amongst the output you will find:

  --must-change-at-next-login
                        Force password to be changed on next login