Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Fw: Btrfs Samba and Quotas

On 21/05/2019 21:00, Hendrik Friedel wrote:

> What I was trying to say was (and failing, it would seem), this is a two way street
> and if OMV cannot/will not help you, then it is hard to fix,

What is OMV specific here? Isn't the problem fully included already in linux (=kernel) and samba?

> especially now that Jeremy has pointed out that it cannot be fixed as is. Now this > doesn't mean it can never be fixed, throw enough money and man hours at it
> and a workaround can probably be found

Here, I could imagine that linking with linux-btrfs would be worthwhile.

> but this would undoubtedly entail OMV getting involved

Why? OMV merely writes the smb.conf...

You raised the OMV distro, not me and also said that they were moving to only use btrfs with their next major release. You also said that they wouldn't/couldn't help you. You stand more chance of getting a workaround with help from a distro. This is because your problem isn't really a Samba problem, quotas work on Samba, just not with btrfs.