Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] self compiled 4.10.3 replication failure.

On Mon, 20 May 2019, Tom Diehl via samba wrote:

On Sat, 18 May 2019, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

Well OK maybe I should have said self compiled using the instructions @ https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source#configure and the package list from https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Package_Dependencies_Required_to_Build_Samba#Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_7_.2F_CentOS_7_.2F_Scientific_Linux_7
substituting python36-devel for python-devel and adding python32-dns
to get the samba-tool dns module to work. None of the distro samba packages are installed.

On the other hand, since python3 is a 'foreign' passenger to RHEL7, if you just wanted Samba 4.10.x on el7/centos7, it would be much simplier to just consume the python2 system default. This is what I'm doing on el7 to build without EPEL:
http://nova.polymtl.ca/~coyote/dist/samba/samba-4.10.3/RHEL7/SPECS/samba-v410x.spec
%if 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel} > 7
%global with_python3 1
%else
%global with_python3 0
%endif

And 'samba-tool' dns seems to work fine (for me) on python2. To be honnest, the only major change I saw in the compile process for 4.10.x was that one of the required library updates depended on a more recent make of cmake3 (for which I am now providing as SPEC and src.rpm from the above repo as well). But aside from that, the process was mostly a matter of updating tdb,talloc,ldb,tevent and friends.

Vincent