Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Fw: Btrfs Samba and Quotas

Hello,

You posted this:
I am using Openmediavault (debian based NAS distribution), which is not actively supporting btrfs
It is this that I was referring to.
Ah, yes.
OMV intended to move to btrfs as the only choice with the next version. In order to pave the way, I intended to be an early adopter. The problem I report here, that there is good reason to.
For you perhaps, but if OMV will not help, well......
What do you mean? [there was a 'shows' missing. It shoult have read 'shows that there is good reas on to']

That sort of says a lot, if it was that big a problem and multiple users were complaining, then it probably would get fixed, but there are only so many developers and they have only so much time available to fix things and add new features, so the most important things get fixed first. We do, however, accept patches to fix things, so perhaps you can get together with OMV and fix it from your end ;-)
I fear, that's beyond my skills.

Well, I did my best.

Greetings,
Hendrik