Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Upgrade from 4.9.8 to 4.10.3 on Centos using Sernet Packages




Hello Cristian, 

Well, nothing to say about your steps, these looks good. 
And lmdb could be disable in the sernet packages, cant say, i dont know. 

And only one DC has these problems or all? If only one DC crashed. 
Which DC crashes. Last added? Oldest? 


Greetz, 

Louis




> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens 
> Christian Naumer via samba
> Verzonden: maandag 20 mei 2019 16:29
> Aan: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] Upgrade from 4.9.8 to 4.10.3 on Centos 
> using Sernet Packages
> 
> Am 20.05.19 um 16:04 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> > Hai, 
> > 
> > A few more questions.. 
> > 
> > Is this a 32bit system or 64bit system? 
> 
> 64bit
> 
> 
> > What is the used ldb version? ( should be 1.5.4 )
> 
> 1.5.4 integrated in sernet-samba-libs package.
> 
> 
> > 
> > I dont know RH, so i want to see the installed packages, 
> with this egrep. 
> > egrep "ldb|tdb|tevent|samba|winbind|talloc|lmdb|talloc|wrapper"#
> 
> as the sernet packages provide everything needed this line will not
> provide useful info.
> 
> libtdb 1.3.18
> libtalloc 2.1.16
> libtevent 0.9.39
> libldb 1.5.4
> 
> are in sernet-samba-libs. The rest I haven't found yet.
> 
> 
> 
> > A version running 4.9.8 and a 4.10.3 would be great to see for me. 
> > 
> > It could be related to lmdb, bre these DC's provisioned 
> with backend (l)mdb backend. 
> 
> The domoin was classic upgraded with Samba 4.4. First with 
> two DCs then
> later two more where added. I only tried the upgrade with one to test
> it. All upgrades where done in place. So no leaving the domain and
> joining again.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> > 
> > And you upgraded from 4.9.8, which steps did you take 
> before and after that upgrade. 
> 
> I did dbcheck (everything ok) stopped samba-ad. Upgraded. rebooted the
> server. Tested dns update, Check repl, dbcheck etc all fine. 
> After some
> minutes I see the crash in the logs. Stopped the server and reverted
> back to the snapshot. Tested if all is fine (dns update, Check repl,
> dbcheck).
> 
> 
> 
> > 
> > Greetz, 
> > 
> > Louis
> > 
> > 
> > 
> >> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> >> Van: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens 
> >> Christian Naumer via samba
> >> Verzonden: maandag 20 mei 2019 15:47
> >> Aan: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] Upgrade from 4.9.8 to 4.10.3 on Centos 
> >> using Sernet Packages
> >>
> >> Hi Louis,
> >> as for the prefork option. With this on the error at least 
> tell what
> >> process crashed:
> >>
> >>
> >> May 20 10:41:32 dc3 samba[6452]: [2019/05/20 10:41:32.087878,  0]
> >> 
> ../../source4/smbd/process_prefork.c:519(prefork_child_pipe_handler)
> >> May 20 10:41:32 dc3 samba[6452]:  
> prefork_child_pipe_handler: Parent
> >> 6452, Child 6712 terminated with signal 6
> >> May 20 10:41:32 dc3 samba[6452]: [2019/05/20 10:41:32.088265,  0]
> >> ../../source4/smbd/process_prefork.c:463(prefork_restart)
> >> May 20 10:41:32 dc3 samba[6452]:  prefork_restart: 
> Restarting [ldap]
> >> pre-fork worker(7)
> >>
> >>
> >> So a ldap process crashed.
> >>
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Dr. Christian Naumer
> >> Research Scientist
> >> Plattform-Koordinator Bioprozesstechnik
> >>
> >> B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
> >> Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
> >> e-mail cn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, homepage www.brain-biotech.de
> >> fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11
> >>
> >> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
> >> Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
> >> Vorstand: Dr. Juergen Eck (Vorsitzender), Manfred Bender,
> >> Ludger Roedder
> >> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> >> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
> >>
> >>
> > 
> > 
> 
> -- 
> Dr. Christian Naumer
> Research Scientist
> Plattform-Koordinator Bioprozesstechnik
> 
> B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
> Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
> e-mail cn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, homepage www.brain-biotech.de
> fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11
> 
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
> Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
> Vorstand: Dr. Juergen Eck (Vorsitzender), Manfred Bender,
> Ludger Roedder
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen
> 
> -- 
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
> 
> 


-- 
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba