Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Upgrade from 4.9.8 to 4.10.3 on Centos using Sernet Packages

On 20/05/2019 12:48, Christian Naumer via samba wrote:
Am 20.05.19 um 12:28 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
On 20/05/2019 11:19, Christian Naumer via samba wrote:
Am 20.05.19 um 11:59 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:

           logging =syslog only
Why do you have a parameter with another parameter as its value ?

both 'logging' and 'syslog only' are both parameters, did you mean
'logging = syslog' ?
Yes I meant this "logging = syslog"
Then change it
Why ? there is virtually no netbios on a DC and there is no browsing
Well virtually no is not no? I wanted to make sure.

           smb ports = 445
           server min protocol = SMB2
           client min protocol = SMB2
Why are you setting these ?
To disable smbv1.
fair enough

           rpc server dynamic port range = 1024-1300
Why are you using the pre 4.7.0 range ?
So I wouldn't have to change the firewall as it was setup with samba 4.4.
Change the firewall range instead, stop being lazy ;-)

Me lazy ??? :-()

change according to your recommendations but the crash still happens.

Downgraded again.

Regards

Christian

Had to rule out the easy things first ;-)

Samba 4.10.0 was the first version that works with python3 and whilst this may not have a bearing on your problem, is python3 installed.

Of course this may not be a problem if the Sernet packages have been compiled to use python 2, but it is something to check.

The other things to check, do you have the versions of tdb, talloc, tevent etc installed that 4.10.x needs, though I would have thought that the Sernet packages would drag the correct ones in.