Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Upgrade from 4.9.8 to 4.10.3 on Centos using Sernet Packages

On 20/05/2019 11:19, Christian Naumer via samba wrote:
Am 20.05.19 um 11:59 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:

          logging =syslog only
Why do you have a parameter with another parameter as its value ?

both 'logging' and 'syslog only' are both parameters, did you mean
'logging = syslog' ?
Yes I meant this "logging = syslog"
Then change it
Why ? there is virtually no netbios on a DC and there is no browsing
Well virtually no is not no? I wanted to make sure.

          smb ports = 445
          server min protocol = SMB2
          client min protocol = SMB2
Why are you setting these ?
To disable smbv1.
fair enough

          rpc server dynamic port range = 1024-1300
Why are you using the pre 4.7.0 range ?
So I wouldn't have to change the firewall as it was setup with samba 4.4.
Change the firewall range instead, stop being lazy ;-)