Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Upgrade from 4.9.8 to 4.10.3 on Centos using Sernet Packages

On 20/05/2019 10:15, Christian Naumer via samba wrote:
Hello you all,
we have a 4 DC environment running on Centos7 with the Sernet-Packages.
Version on all DCs is 4.9.8 (smb.conf below). We upgraded one of the DCs
to 4.10.3. After a few minutes we see this in the logs:

smb.conf

[global]
         netbios name = DC3
         realm = XX.DOMAIN.DE
         server services = s3fs, rpc, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
         workgroup = DOMAIN-02
         log level = auth_audit:2 dsdb_password_audit:5
dsdb_transaction_audit:5 dsdb_group_audit:5
         #log level = 4 auth_audit:3
         logging =syslog only

Why do you have a parameter with another parameter as its value ?

both 'logging' and 'syslog only' are both parameters, did you mean 'logging = syslog' ?

         prefork children = 8
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
No, you do not use the line above on a DC
         template shell = /bin/bash
         template homedir = /home/%U
         #ntlm auth = yes
         ntlm auth = mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only
         disable netbios = yes
Why ? there is virtually no netbios on a DC and there is no browsing
         smb ports = 445
         server min protocol = SMB2
         client min protocol = SMB2

Why are you setting these ?

         rpc server dynamic port range = 1024-1300

Why are you using the pre 4.7.0 range ?