Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] SRV records.

I think you are missing the point... the windows sysadmins have set up
sites, but they are blaming slow logins on Samba not correctly
interpreting the site and trying to contact a remote DC in a different
site... so I need to know how the DC communicates the site information
to the client.

Is it just a modified DNS server that tries to give a set of local DC's
in the DNS SRV query, or is it doing something else?

If it's just modified DNS then I can snoop the network traffic and show
conclusively if it's working or not.

James