Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Moving home directories to another location leads to NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing

On 17/05/2019 19:28, realShadowhunter--- via samba wrote:
I might not quite understand what you try to say. I am loggin in as user2. The home directory in /etc/passwd is changed to /mnt/volume1/homes/user2. That was automatically adjusted after the usermod command I mentioned earlier. To my understanding, once these items are changed and the user logs in he should have full access to the share.

One thing I want to ask. You mention to change the homedir in Samba. Where? How would that look like? Maybe that is my missing piece.

Well it probably wouldn't, unless you are connecting as 'user1' or
'user2', they are the only users that will be allowed access. I would
have expected some thing like this:

[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         browseable = no
        read only = no
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700
        valid users = %S

You would also have to set the users homedir in /etc/passwd and Samba.

Rowland

man pdbedit