Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Moving home directories to another location leads to NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing

On 17/05/2019 18:26, realShadowhunter@xxxxxxx wrote
[global]
os level = 20
obey pam restrictions = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
unix password sync = yes
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
workgroup = PRIVAT
pam password change = yes
map to guest = bad user
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
dns proxy = no
server role = standalone server
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
usershare allow guests = yes
syslog = 0
[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    browseable = no
    path = /var/spool/samba
    printable = yes
    create mask = 0700
[print$]
    comment = Printer Drivers
    path = /var/lib/samba/printers
[Miscellaneous]
writeable = yes
valid users = user1
path = /mnt/volume6
[homes]
writeable = yes
valid users = user1,user2
write list = user1,user2
The smb.conf is pretty much all standard except I synchronize with system users.
Well you would have to, what with it being a 'standalone server' ;-)
The partitions are mounted on /mnt/volume1 through volume6. These volumes are added into the FSTAB
/dev/md0 /mnt/volume1 ext4 defaults,nofail,discard 0 0 Every mount works fine just the homes one doesn't want to comply :-)

Well it probably wouldn't, unless you are connecting as 'user1' or 'user2', they are the only users that will be allowed access. I would have expected some thing like this:

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        browseable = no
        read only = no
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700
        valid users = %S

You would also have to set the users homedir in /etc/passwd and Samba.