Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] "getent passwd" works, "getent passwd username" does not RESOLVED

Well I'm not entirely sure what fixed it. This is a very old system and has been dragged through dist-upgrades starting from about Lenny.

I went through it removing all the defunct and obsolete stuff and found rsyslog had somehow uninstalled itself. Reinstalled that and rebooted and ... voila!

It is now on 4.9, I am unable to install 4.10, it tells me I have held broken packages, which I don't. This may be specific to the i386 package or it may just be me.