Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] ImportError: No module named 'dns'

I had the same problem, and also for python3-markdown (on Fedora).
Maybe this is something for package maintainers?

On 5/15/19 5:19 PM, Roy Eastwood via samba wrote:
Thanks Rowland, our messages crossed in the post; as you see I worked it out - eventually :-)
Roy

-----Original Message-----
From: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Rowland penny via samba
Sent: 15 May 2019 16:04
To: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Samba] ImportError: No module named 'dns'

On 15/05/2019 15:44, Roy Eastwood via samba wrote:
After updating my samba version to 4.10.3 (from a self-compiled 4.10.2
version) on a DC running on Debian Stretch, I notice errors in the logs when
samba_dnsupdate is run.   Manually running it produces:

root@debian-vb:~# samba_dnsupdate --verbose
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate", line 56, in <module>
      import dns.resolver
ImportError: No module named 'dns'

This may have been present for some time, but only just noticed it.   I have
checked that python-dnspython is installed:

4.10.x uses python3 by default, so do you have python3-dnspython installed
?