Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 changing a user's password from linux workstation

I've gotten pretty unhappy with "realmd" and "sssd". They try to hide
a lot of steps away from the user, but the internal interactions are a
bit of a "mousetrap" game. When it works, you get the mouse. But if
any of the many steps are even slightly worn, it becomes erratic or
fails.

Update: In fact i succeeded in reseting user password from a linux workstation with kpasswd through pam_sssd. At the beginning I thought we were prompted directly for new password, but we had to first type in the old one before choosing a new one.