Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] debian 10: errors with my server samba-ad

On 14/05/2019 09:27, nathalie ramat via samba wrote:
hi,

I modified my file named.conf.options .
When i use dig lenzspitze2.calais.fr I get an answer which contain answer section, authority section and additional section.

I haven't map "Domain users" into "user"

I recover the last number of sid for the uidnumber and the last number for sid group for gidnumber

It isn't recommended to do that any more, RID's start at '1000' and so do local Unix ID's, try starting at the same number that ADUC uses '10000'

But getent passwd testlundi give me this response :

LENZSPITZE2\testlundi:*:1108:100:testlundi:/home/LENZSPITZE2/testlundi:/bin/bash

The uidnumber is good but not the gidnumber.

I personally don't think the uidNumber is good (see above), but unless you give 'Domain Users' a gidNumber, the users GID will always be '100', but only on a the DC, on any Unix domain members (using the winbind 'ad' backend) you will get no AD users.

You also do not need to do any of the this if you are either only going to use the DC for authentication or as the only Unix fileserver (no other Unix computers).

getent group specifique

LENZSPITZE2\specifique:x:1105:

This will never be used as the users primary group on a Samba AD DC.

I have always  this response when I run smbclient -L localhost -U administrator on my server

Enter LENZSPITZE2\administrator's password:

    Sharename       Type      Comment
    ---------       ----      -------
    netlogon        Disk
    sysvol          Disk
    IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.9.5-Debian)
Reconnecting with SMB1 for workgroup listing.

    Server               Comment

    Workgroup            Master

I don't have any information for my server.

Neither do I, this is because there is no network browsing on a DC.

when I run the command smbclient -L debiantest -U administrator on my client linux I have no response .

but I can ping debiantest and dig debiantest.lenzspitze2.calais.fr give me a response

I am a little confused. I don't know how to search

Try the command like this:

smbclient -L localhost -N