Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 changing a user's password from linux workstation

Le 14/05/2019 à 10:19, Nico Kadel-Garcia via samba a écrit :
On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 3:42 AM Rowland penny via samba
<samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14/05/2019 08:30, Julien TEHERY via samba wrote:
Yep I allready tried it, it ends with "kpasswd preauthentication
failed getting initial ticket"
What does "klist" say? And can you run "kinit" to ensure you have a
valid ticket? One of my favorite failures is when the time settings
between the local host, and the Samba or AD server, have drifted from
each other. There are a lot of very awkward and inconsistent NTP or
chronyd settings out there, exacerbated when people point NTP to only
one server and that server is inaccessible to one or more hosts.

Allready logged via graphical UI, I had nothing in klist
Running terminal as root, i did:

kinit myuser

and obtained a valid ticket.

About the date time, all is correctly set up. Workstations and AD have exactly same date/time

I must precise we use pam_sssd against Samba4/AD to authenticate.
Here is my /etc/sssd/sssd.conf:

Hmm, I wonder if sssd is getting in the way ? No idea, we do not produce
sssd, can I suggest asking on the sssd-users mailing list.

Rowland
I've gotten pretty unhappy with "realmd" and "sssd". They try to hide
a lot of steps away from the user, but the internal interactions are a
bit of a "mousetrap" game. When it works, you get the mouse. But if
any of the many steps are even slightly worn, it becomes erratic or
fails.