Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 changing a user's password from linux workstation

Le 14/05/2019 à 09:12, Rowland penny via samba a écrit :
On 14/05/2019 07:32, Julien TEHERY via samba wrote:
Le 13/05/2019 à 18:44, Rowland penny via samba a écrit :
On 13/05/2019 16:11, Julien TEHERY via samba wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to find a way to change user passwords from ubuntu client workstation on a samba4 domain.
I tried in CLI from the client workstation (ubuntu 14.04) with:

- smbpasswd -U $user

=> In this case, password seemed to be updated, but "wbinfo -a" didn't worked with the new password, the old one was still active.

- samba-tool user setpassword $user
=> In this case i got a "ldb_search: /invalid basedn '(null)'/"

What's the proper way to change the users password from the linux clients in a samba4 domain?

Thanks for your help

What sort of Samba domain, NT4-style or AD

Rowland
We use AD style

Try 'kpasswd'

Rowland

Yep I allready tried it, it ends with "kpasswd preauthentication failed getting initial ticket"
I must precise we use pam_sssd against Samba4/AD to authenticate.
Here is my /etc/sssd/sssd.conf:

[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
domains = mydomain.lan
services = nss, pam
default_domain_suffix = mydomain.lan

[domain/mydomain.lan]

id_provider = ad
auth_provider = ad
chpass_provider=ad
access_provider = ad

ldap_id_mapping = True
default_shell = /bin/bash

use_fully_qualified_names = False
override_homedir = /users/home/%u
fallback_homedir = /users/home/%u

krb5_use_enterprise_principal=false
krb5_validate = False
krb5_store_password_if_offline = False
ad_domain = mydomain.lan
krb5_realm = MYDOMAIN.LAN
realmd_tags = manages-system joined-with-samba