Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] How to mount a share without using -o vers=1.0 ?

On Mon, 13 May 2019 17:40:00 +0100
Rowland penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 13/05/2019 17:05, Steve Litt via samba wrote:

[snip]

> > Any advice on how to perform this mount without -o vers=1.0 would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > SteveT
> >
> Steve, Your version of Samba is too old, it only understands SMBv1,
> any way you can upgrade Samba ?
>
> Rowland

I hope so. The Void Linux packagers just confirmed that they're
shipping 8 year old 3.6.25_14, have little incentive to update, and
consider Samba "a complex system designed originally to replace AD, it
has lots of moving parts and usually includes a lot of vendored libs".

Ugh!

So I'll need to do it myself. A couple questions:

1) Is it true that 4.9.4 is the latest stable release?

2) What is my easiest way to build 4.9.4. If git,  what's my git
command to build 4.9.4 rather than the nightly bleeding edge?

SteveT