Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 changing a user's password from linux workstation

On 13/05/2019 16:11, Julien TEHERY via samba wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to find a way to change user passwords from ubuntu client workstation on a samba4 domain.
I tried in CLI from the client workstation (ubuntu 14.04) with:

- smbpasswd -U $user

=> In this case, password seemed to be updated, but "wbinfo -a" didn't worked with the new password, the old one was still active.

- samba-tool user setpassword $user
=> In this case i got a "ldb_search: /invalid basedn '(null)'/"

What's the proper way to change the users password from the linux clients in a samba4 domain?

Thanks for your help

What sort of Samba domain, NT4-style or AD