Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Diffrent date codes from pwdLastSet and Password must change Time

On Mon, 13 May 2019 10:04:40 +0200
admins aixtema via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> i have little strange behaviour
>
> I have a bash script running to notify users about the expire of
> there password
>
> I query the users with ldapsearch and use pwdLastSet, but this search
> is diffrent to "Password must change Time" with rpcclient i now found
> out.
>
> Password must change Time is +1 Day vs pwdLastSet.
> can sombody explain this?
>

> pwdLastSet: 131945210982711300
> https://www.epochconverter.com/ldap
> Epoch/Unix time: 1550047498
> GMT: Wednesday, 13. February 2019 08:44:58
> Your time zone: Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2019 09:44:58 GMT+01:00
>
> Password must change Time:      Di, 14 Mai 2019 10:44:58 CEST
>

> Smba 4.10.2 AD/DC
> Sever time with NTP set Mo 13. Mai 10:02:13 CEST 2019

I don't actually see anything wrong with that (providing your maximum
password age is 90 days)

'pwdLastSet' is exactly that, it is when the password was last set,
this is used with 'maxPwdAge' to calculate when the users password will
expire.