Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] password server not sending authentication requests to a specified DC

On Mon, 13 May 2019 09:15:51 +0200
LOKO MESO Michel via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running samba/winbind 4.8.9 on Debian 8 which is joined to an
> Active Directory and facing the following issue :
>
> I need to specify a particular DC for the authentification. Therefor
> I added 'password server = x.x.x.x' in /etc/samba/smb.conf but
> realised that the option is ignored and that the requests are sent to
> another DC. In which case does Samba ignore 'password server'
> option ? Is there a way to force samba to use 'password server' ?

Why do you have to use a particular DC ?
All DC's are supposed to be the same, so it shouldn't matter which DC
in the domain you use.

Have you tried using only the required DC as the computers nameserver ?

I would also suggest that you upgrade your OS to Stretch (9).