Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] password server not sending authentication requests to a specified DC

Hi,

I am running samba/winbind 4.8.9 on Debian 8 which is joined to an Active Directory and facing the following issue :

I need to specify a particular DC for the authentification. Therefor I added 'password server = x.x.x.x' in /etc/samba/smb.conf but realised that the option is ignored and that the requests are sent to another DC. In which case does Samba ignore 'password server' option ? Is there a way to force samba to use 'password server' ?

Thanks,

Michel