Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows 2012 server as a member?

You can add windows server 2012 to samba 4 domain as a domain member (without AD DC role) without any issues. I myself have added multiple windows 2012, 2012r2 and 2016 member servers without any issues. And, what's important, You actually DON'T want to make them DC, because of what Rowland just wrote.

Regards,

Kacper.