Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows clients require reboot once a day in order to access mapped drives

On Wed, 1 May 2019 15:38:30 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > And just a pet peeve which I mentioned years ago - the parameter
> > synonyms should be deprecated, too many times users use both, plus
> > it would assist in the readable and support of the smb.conf file.
> Yes, good point, cleanup more is good.
>
> Well, i was thinking the same as you did, but few days ago, Rowland
> noticed that this is not the case. And i also dont know everything..
> I must follow in this case what Rowland is saying.
>
> The above questions are good questions.
> I suggest, wait and see what Rowland or another dev can say about
> this.

Hi Louis, Another 'dev' has said something about it, you ;-)

>From my understanding, most of the synonyms came about because people
just could not spell ;-)

I don't like all those synonyms either, some where removed recently,
but to remove the rest would entail declaring them 'deprecated' at
the next major release (4.11.0), then finally removing that at 4.12.0.