Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows clients require reboot once a day in order to access mapped drives

Hi Viktor,

I didn't go through all the conversations and I'm not sure if this will
> be of any help, I just wanted to inform that I've been using mapped
> drives with Windows 10 for ages and never had the problems you
> described. I also never added or changed the "smb encrypt" option. My
> Samba file server (AD member) was set up pretty much the way as is
> described in the official Wiki and it just works. I can confirm this for
> several versions from Samba 4.2.x to 4.9.x. And I never changed anything
> in the Windows 10 registry either.

Would you be willing to share your config files?  I'd be curious to see
what's different between yours and mine.

Probably having the smb.conf and krb5.conf files from both a samba DC and
file server would be helpful.

--
Mason