Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows clients require reboot once a day in order to access mapped drives

I didn't go through all the conversations and I'm not sure if this will be of any help, I just wanted to inform that I've been using mapped drives with Windows 10 for ages and never had the problems you described. I also never added or changed the "smb encrypt" option. My Samba file server (AD member) was set up pretty much the way as is described in the official Wiki and it just works. I can confirm this for several versions from Samba 4.2.x to 4.9.x. And I never changed anything in the Windows 10 registry either.

Viktor