Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows clients require reboot once a day in order to access mapped drives

Hey Rowland and Louis (and anyone else that has been following this thread),

It looks like the issue, with W10 clients needing to reboot each morning to
regain access to samba mapped drives, has been worked around with a single
smb.conf change.

The only change I made (which I did only to help with troubleshooting via
packet capture) was as follows:
OLD - smb encrypt = desired
NEW - smb encrypt = off

So, while I'm happy that users aren't getting frustrated each morning, I'm
less enthused about not having encryption for W10 clients.  As mentioned
earlier in this thread, this looks like a bug, but I don't know whether
it's with samba or with W10.  Would you like me to raise an issue in your
bug tracker?

Thanks for your support with this guys :)

--

Mason