Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] AD member server, some users suddenly can only connect to shares via ip address

(.. lots of helpful stuff)

Thanks for advice on smb.conf..

Today people who could not access it yesterday can, and some people who could access it can't and even one who cannot access it via the ip address, so you know what I'll be doing this weekend.

You said above that 'gibb.local' is a trusted domain that was used for
migration. Two questions about this, is 'gibb.local' the workgroup
name, if so, why does it have a dot in it ? Secondly, you mentioned
'migrate', do you mean you migrated 'gibb.local' (a PDC domain) to the
'GIBB' AD domain ? if so, you should immediately turn off 'gibb.local',
it will have the same SID as 'GIBB'
If this isn't the case, can you explain further what you mean by
'migrate' ?

I did not use the samba migration tools so the SIDs are different. I used the trust because we could migrate people and machines at leisure and without downtime. It has not caused problems (but will be removed shortly). We did try the  migration tools but it puked on our ldap.