Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Win7 client error after classicupgrade from S3 to S4

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 18:45:21 +0200 (CEST)
Lorenzo Milesi <maxxer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Another five lines that have no place in an AD DC smb.conf, the 'vfs
> > object' line especially.
>
> thanks for the suggestions, but even with the basic smb.conf file
> compiled by the classicupgrade command we have the same issue on
> client machines, so it appears those parameters aren't creating the
> problem

By having the 'vfs object' line, you had turned off required parts of
Samba, this may have lead to your machine passwords not getting updated.

You may have to rejoin the domain to reset the machine password, but I
would try restarting first.