Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] AD member server, some users suddenly can only connect to shares via ip address

On 2019/04/25 15:33, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
dig and dig -x show the expected results, as do nslookup on the windows
And you did test this again all you dns server? Or just random servers?
dns server and affected clients and servers.
keytab MEMORY:cifs_srv__keytab (aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96)]
Did you check for the keytab list in on the member?
klist -ket
That returns nothing as I am not using a keytab file. Should I be?

But best advice i can give you, upgrade samba and that probem is fixed.
This is an old bug..

I think something changed on AD to trigger it. I will upgrade and report back.

btw I am very grateful to you for making your builds available!

And same:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-July/193009.html
Fix was : written in smb.conf
kerberos method = dedicated keytab