Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.4.8 AD member ads / nss fails to find group id

Roland,

  get the feeling that your users have different Unix ids on each Unix
computer, this just leads to trouble.

We use nss so all the unix computers at our site share the same database of users, uids and gids.

The problem that I'm having seems to be that smbd is trying to find a gid from the SID for the Domain Users group and is failing. This stops users from authenticating.

Using wbinfo I can resolve the "Domain Users" name from the S....-513 SID but wbinfo fails to resolve a gid for that SID.

The domain controller is a windows machine that's part of the corporate IT network and I have no control over it.

Is there a work around for this?

Can I create an entry in a tdb file

Thanks,
David.