Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] mount.cfs mount error(13): Permission denied

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 09:48:31 -0400
Paul Griffith via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

     I am running into an issue mounting a Samba share from our Linux
server. We are running Samba 4.8.8 on CentOS  7.6.1810. I have done a
some testing, and I can't get the root cause of the error.

Testing:

CentOS 7.6 client -> Samba server, mounting fails - mount.cfs mount
error(13): Permission denied
CentOS 7.6 client -> Win10 desktop share, mounting works

Fedora 29 client  -> Samba  server, mounting fails - mount.cfs mount
error(13): Permission denied
Fedora 29 client  -> Win10 desktop share, mounting works

Are you using sssd ?

If so, then I suggest asking on the sssd-users mailing list, Samba
isn't doing the authentication.

If you aren't using sssd, then the Unix domain members smb.conf is
missing all the 'idmap config' lines, see here:

Thank you Rowland,

We are not using sssd, I was handed this Samba server. It  seems I some home work to do to make it work

Paul