Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] mount.cfs mount error(13): Permission denied

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 09:48:31 -0400
Paul Griffith via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     I am running into an issue mounting a Samba share from our Linux
> server. We are running Samba 4.8.8 on CentOS  7.6.1810. I have done a
> some testing, and I can't get the root cause of the error.
>
> Testing:
>
> CentOS 7.6 client -> Samba server, mounting fails - mount.cfs mount
> error(13): Permission denied
> CentOS 7.6 client -> Win10 desktop share, mounting works
>
> Fedora 29 client  -> Samba  server, mounting fails - mount.cfs mount
> error(13): Permission denied
> Fedora 29 client  -> Win10 desktop share, mounting works

Are you using sssd ?

If so, then I suggest asking on the sssd-users mailing list, Samba
isn't doing the authentication.

If you aren't using sssd, then the Unix domain members smb.conf is
missing all the 'idmap config' lines, see here: