Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Possible make parts users of a share can read and write but not delete?

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:39:00 +0800
谷雷 via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	I wanna know is this possible that make parts users of a smb
> share can read and write but not delete?
>
> 	I have tried sticky bit and ‘inherit owners’, but it deny all
> users delete operation.
>
> 	If we can do this with samba, please let me know. Thanks a
> lot.

No, not by using POSIX ACL's and I don't think you will be able to do
this by setting the permissions from Windows. The main reason is that a
share is a share, you cannot have 'part' of a share.